Members of the eaMAFIA:
We bring together the best EAs in tech who are rewriting the script on what it means to be a badass executive assistant.
- Work around the clock, juggle a multitude of tasks and responsibilities, wear numerous hats, and work magic to make the impossible possible.
- Act as a critical component to the daily success of their executive, unblocking their executive to reach high performing productivity.
- Are an integral part to a healthy and high functioning executive and team.
eaMAFIA supports this unique subset of tech executives assistants by providing members with:
- A carefully curated community of tech EAs they can access both online and offline.
- The tools and resources they need to be successful in their roles.
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with an incredible collection of peers, both locally and across the country.
- Robust professional development training to help navigate their career paths with confidence.
“Someone told me awhile ago that EAs are an extension of the executive themselves, which totally changed my mentality. Acting as a partner to them has changed how I interact with internal employees, as well as tackling any problems that can be solved without bringing them into the room (filtering out the noise that bubbles up).”
“You are not just an EA from 9 to 5 everyday. You are living a lifestyle that helps you and those around you succeed and grow.”
“A good EA thrives when faced with a challenge, and takes ownership on finding a solution. We can all schedule a meeting, but how you get from a to b is where the magic happens.”
In 2010, I was hired at Twitter as the first Executive Assistant in the company, supporting Dick Costolo who would 6 months later become CEO. He had never had an assistant and I had never been an assistant. We were off to the races. Fast forward almost 10 years later: I have learned a lot. Mostly I have learned from trial and error, and leaning on some of the most amazing executive assistants I worked with along the way. It is this collective knowledge that encouraged me to create eaMAFIA as a resource for EAs to up their game, share their stories, and learn from one another.
Being an assistant can be a transformative experience, and sometimes a life long career opportunity when paired with the right executive. I want all of us to feel empowered in our role, realizing we can be the key to unlock our executives potential. I hope to meet you soon.